Saturday, August 21, 2010

Great Finds: Where should I start?

A week ago I went with my wife, my friend Bobby of the Video Game View and his girlfriend and we went to the beach. While we where at the beach we went to a used game store called Player’s Choice. We were able to visit 2 different locations, one in Whiteville and one in Shallotte. I was able to clean up on games that I wanted at these stores. With games at great prices who could argue. These stores were awesome. I was able to get games like Dragon Warrior III for NES, Star Fox for SNES, Metroid II: Return of Samus for Game Boy, Super Mario 64 for N64 and Star Wars: Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles for PS1. I also ventured into a random thrift shop while on vacation and they had a complete copy of Eternal Champion for the Sega Genesis for only $3 in great shape. Those were a few of the games I purchased but it didn’t stop there. On my way back home I stopped by the store Ed McKay in Winston-Salem. I picked up Final Fantasy for the NES with the box for $12. It didn’t have the instruction booklet but the box and game looked like they were untouched. I also picked up Donkey Kong for the Game Boy and I picked up Mega Man X4 for the PS1 for only $2. I also picked up a used player’s handbook for Dungeons and Dragons for half the retail value. It didn’t stop there either, the next day I came across Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for Game Boy Advance. Over all I found so many games I want to thank my lovely wife for buying me Dragon Warrior 3 which cost $30. It was my birthday gift. Some would say $30 is kind of steep for a Nintendo game but that game alone on eBay goes for between $40 and $50. Over all I pick up 23 games and 1 book (about a game). Here is a picture and a list of all the games I got:

NES
Bionic Commando
Dragon Warrior III
Final Fantasy w/box
Legendary Wings
Micro Machines
Spy vs. Spy
Strider
Trojan

SNES
Clay Fighter 2: Judgment Clay
Kirby’s Dream Course
Star Fox
World Heroes 2

Game Boy
Donkey Kong
Metroid II: Return of Samus

GBA
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

N64
Super Mario 64

Genesis
Eternal Champions w/case and instruction booklet

Playstation
Mega Man X4
Star Wars: Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Vigilante 8

Playstation 2
Activision Anthology

I was so happy to get to go to these game stores while I was on vacation. Holden Beach will probably be a regular vacation spot for me and my wife and our friends not just for the games but the Beach is pretty awesome and sometimes taking a break from games is a good thing. Well the vacation is over now so back to gaming.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for dropping by! We're glad you found some good stuff.

    -- Edward McKay Used Books

    ReplyDelete